INTENSIVE PLASTER COURSE
INTENSIVE PLASTER COURSE 5-day workshop
Dates for Intensive Plaster Course
With Ksenia Shigaeva
- 18th – 22nd March
- 22nd – 26th July
- 29th July – 2nd August
- 30th September – 4th October
Welcome to the 5 days full of intense work and loads of practical information! All levels are welcome, especially if you are a little bit scared of plaster, want to feel more comfortable around this amazing material and be able to exploit it’s vast possibilities in your everyday studio practice.
Participants are required to come with the sketches of their own projects that they want to develop throughout the course*.
Topics that will be covered during the course:
Introduction to the material, its basic qualities, possibilities and techniques (slides).
Mixing plaster: ratios, formulas, good consistency and air bubbles obviation.
- Plaster lathe demonstration
- Plaster wheel demonstration: free hand modelling and modelling with the help of metal profiles. Possibilities of using plaster wheel for creating complex models
- Sledging technique for making models with non-circular base. This method allows to make precise plaster models albite it does not require any special equipment and can be put in practice in any studio
- Using various objects for mimicking their specific qualities in plaster
- Free hand plaster carving.
- One-part drop-out molds and what to do if a model does not want to drop – different methods for getting it out
- Easy way to make multiple-part molds and restrictions for this method
- Not so easy way for other cases. Basic principles of dividing shapes for multiple-part molds
- Master molds.
Bonus. Slip casting: how to make perfect casts.
Individual tutorials and problem solving with each participant.
Please attend in old clothes and shabby shoes – plaster can be messy!
*Please email your sketches to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: GG plaster course) at least one week prior to the workshop. This would give general understanding of the level of complexity of the projects and allow to tune the course accordingly.
- Participation fee: 4,100 DKK
Accommodation and meals are not included in the participation fee.
Prices for accommodation:
- Shared double room: 250 DKK per night
- Single room: 350 DKK per night (only if available)
If you wish to book accommodation at Guldagergaard during the workshop this can be arranged by emailing email@example.com. Please note it might not always be possible to provide accommodation in a single room for shorter periods but we will endeavor to do what we can.
DEADLINE for applying: 1 month before workshop.
In case of any questions regarding the workshop, contact:
Studio and Project Manager Evelin at firstname.lastname@example.org