Workshops 2021 with Ana Tanevska (NM)
14 – 16 June
An introductory workshop into several alternative kilns and firing techniques: raku, smoke and pit firing.
You will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals on which you can further continue to develop your own skills and experience. We will look through some techniques for achieving different firing effects, and how to safely create your own alternative kiln.
Schedule of the Workshop:
- Start of the workshop (10am)
- Learning about pit firing techniques
- Learning about smoke firing techniques
- Looking at glaze samples
- Raku firing
2500 DKK (incl tax)
What you get:
- Professional guidance of our technicians
- Range of glazes to choose from
- Materials necessary for firings
- Leather aprons and gloves (although we recommend that you bring your own)
What you have to bring:
- Bisque-fired works. It is hard to estimate how many pieces you will be able to fire. It depends on the amount of participants and size of everyone’s works. It is better to bring a bit more and have a variety to choose from
- It is possible to apply for a residency before the Workshop to make works at Guldagergaard (see Artist-In-Residence Program)
- For pit-firing you can bring greenware. It is recommended that you add additions to the low fire clay (grog – fine or coarse, or cellulose fibres) since it tends to break easily if not fortified, due to thermal shock
- TIPS: For smoke and pit firing you can try burnishing your pieces, or apply terra sigillata, since both techniques give a nice soft sheen and act as a canvas for the fire to paint on the pieces.
- Dust mask or respirator
- Working clothes (only natural fabrics)
Language of Workshop:
We are providing lunch (sandwiches). You will have access to a kettle, coffee and tea, and dining area.
We don’t provide accommodation due to Covid-19, but we are happy to recommend reliable accommodation nearby.
All participants are asked to take a Covid-19 test before arrival to Guldagergaard, which means that only participants with negative result are allowed to work at the center.
You are asked to wear a facemask during the Workshop.
Our Staff is regularly tested, as well as wearing facemasks for additional safety.
All areas of the Studio are cleaned and disinfected every day.
If you have any questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org