WOOD FIRING WORKSHOPS 2021
16 – 20 August
All potters and ceramic artists with at least basic knowledge about wood-firings are invited to take part in series of our short Wood-Firing Workshops.
These workshops are about getting to know and firing our unique collection of wood-fired kilns.
Schedule of the Workshop:
10:00 – Start of the workshop
Looking at glaze samples
Glazing and wadding
Start firing (late afternoon)
18th – 19thof May:
Kiln cools down (no activities on these days)
Unloading, Clean up
2200 DKK (incl tax)
What you get:
- Professional guidance of our technicians
- Range of glazes to choose from
- Materials necessary for loading kiln
- Assistance while loading the kiln
- Advice during the firing
- Leather aprons and gloves (although we recommend that you bring your own)
What you have to bring:
- Bisque-fired works. It is hard to estimate how many pieces you will be able to fire. It depends on the amount of participants and size of everyone’s works. It is better to bring a bit more and have a variety to choose from. Bourry Box is 425L kiln.
- Dust mask or respirator
- Working clothes (only natural fabrics)
Language of Workshop:
You are responsible for bringing your own lunch. We are providing a kettle, coffee and tea, and dining area.
We don’t provide accommodation due to Covid-19, but we are happy to recommend reliable accommodation nearby.
All participants are asked to take a Covid-19 test before arrival to Guldagergaard, which means that only participants with negative result are allowed to work at the center.
You are asked to wear a facemask during the Workshop.
Our Staff is regularly tested, as well as wearing facemasks for additional safety.
All areas of the Studio are cleaned and disinfected every day.
If you have any questions contact: email@example.com