INTENSIVE PLASTER WORKSHOP II
12th March – 15th March 2018
INTENSIVE PLASTER WORKSHOP II – Waiting list
The Intensive Plaster month is back again this year after the success of the previous workshop and subsequent month long plaster and slip casting focused residency.
Guldagergaard is proud to announce the return of the Intensive Plaster Workshop with Guldagergaard technician and ceramic designer Harriet Caslin, taking place from the 12th March – 15th March 2018.
This 4 day workshop is suitable for all levels of experience in plaster, however basic knowledge in ceramic processes is essential. The objectives of the workshop is to support you with your specific needs for your mould making project and will ensure all participants will leave Guldagergaard with a master model and mould, and the knowledge to continue working in plaster in their own practice.
During the workshop you will have guidance and technical support from the Guldagergaard team, with full access to the well equipped studio and facilities.
This workshop aims to cover the following areas:
- Model making using machine and hand techniques. Demonstration and practical tuition to the specialist plaster equipment in the studio including the plaster lathe and plaster wheel.
- Precision plaster model making techniques by hand such as carving and sledging.
- Mould making which covers basic ‘drop-out’ and simple multiple part moulds. Introduction to different mould making techniques such as ‘crack’ moulds.
- How to make basic technical drawings for model making to help visualise a refined finished product.
- Slip casting in porcelain and other casting clays with demonstrations on finishing techniques ready for firing. (NB It may not be possible for you to bisque fire any casts you make during the 5 days because of drying and firing times)
Registration: 3.400 DKK
Student Price: 2.400 DKK
Tuition and support, materials, studio space rental from 09.00 – 17.00 with use of all Guldagergaard equipment. Price does not include accommodation, travel food or other living expenses.
If you wish to book accommodation at Guldagergaard during the workshop this can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note it might not always be possible to provide accommodation in a single room for shorter periods but we will endeavor to do what we can.
DEADLINE for applying: 10th Feburary 2018.
Apply on email: email@example.com
If any question regarding the workshop contact:
Studio Technician – Harriet Caslin on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: +45 5819 0016
Read more if you wish to participate in our extended workshop:
Intensive Plaster Residency Package